Friday 21 November 2014

People power!!!

JULIEN BLANC - get out and stay out!
This person in the press really got to me over the past week. I am hugely concerned with the place of women in society. That people like this are out there... ridiculing women, debasing women, making us an object for men to 'have' - being reduced to a conquest as part of his 'game' I find absolutely disgusting. I was equally appalled by Dapper Laughs, I can't even begin to explain how foul that show was and how disappointing it is that in modern day society major TV stations would allow that on our screens. What I was happy with was the new movement of online people power!! The people spoke and the authorities listened. I don't know about you but I signed the petition to ban Julien Blanc from the UK and it worked!!! Over 150,000 signatures later Visa denied
This maybe a small achievement in terms of worldwide progression for equality and the safety of women, but it did make me smile - we won :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment