Wednesday 12 November 2014

Let's start at the very beginning...

There comes a time in life when you're are faced with some major choices. Do I continue to live my life as I have been? Do I keep surviving? Or do I start living?

These are linked to some majors questions...

Do I have the strength to change? Do I want to change? Do I like who I am? Will I ever like who I am? Who am I supposed to be? What do I want to be? Am I a good person? Am I bringing up my kids the best way? Am I doing the best I can to be the best I can be? What do I think about this world I live in? Do I feel safe? Do I feel equal to others?

I don't think I am alone in asking these questions, and I don't think I am alone in striving to find the answers...

Why write a blog?
- Because I like sharing... one might say I 'overshare' word of the year 2014 - (how sad) I do know I do, but I find interesting stuff!!! So yes less social networks... More independent thought!
- Because social media used in the right way can impact on people's lives - it certainly has mine, and I 100% would not be the person I am now if I hadn't found certain blogs and forums.
- Because there's some WONDERFUL stuff happening and some AWFUL stuff happening and this is my way of bringing all of that together in one place.
- Because I am what they (who's they?) I mean I call a 'survivor' a recovering heavy, habitual drinker, a sufferer of depression, a victim of a sexual assault who finally (maybe) has accepted it and forgiven herself and perhaps I could just maybe help someone, somewhere or make someone think by being honest and frank about my experiences.
- Because I am a mother and a wife and a PERSON - with interests, with woes, with recipes - well with other peoples recipes... and ideas.

So in attempting to answer these questions, for myself. I hope to help you to question yourselves to be the best versions of the person you want to be - your true self...By this I don't necessarily mean change, though for me it has included some major changes... It could simply be trusting in yourself and being confident and at ease - CONTENT (who doesn't want that????) With the person you are.

So we as individuals can bring up our kids to be kind, strong, independent loving people - who are tolerant and open, by respecting ourselves and accepting ourselves, we can do our own little bit to making life happier for everyone...


Also did I mention cake recipes? That's the best bit!!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Theresa :) Look forward to reading your posts xx

    ReplyDelete